(4days / 3 nights)
Weaving through the feet of giant limestone cliffs and crossing the center of the World Heritage site. This trip features the unique cruising route, great combination of comfortable boat cruise and fun kayaking, mystical caves, deserted lagoons and beautiful sandy beaches in a unique area far from the maddening crowd.
Day 1: Hanoi – Halong Bay (L, D)
Am: Be picked up at your hotel from 8.00 am for 3.5 hour bus ride through the country side of the Red River Delta to Ha Long City. Upon arrival, aboard Halong Phoenix Cruiser, fresh seafood lunch (vegetarian menu available) would be served while the boat is gliding out.
Pm: A short tender ride from the middle of the bay to an island for the famous Sung Sot cave. As the sun sets over the bay, you are free to swim from your boat or just relax on sundeck with your favorite drink. Dinner is served with typically local seafood and overnight on boat.
Day 2: Halong Bay Kayaking (B, L, D)
Am: Rise up for a breath taking on sundeck, be ready with your camera for a stunning vista in the serene bay. After breakfast, a kayaking support boat will take you further to the Southern end of Halong bay to anchor in the tranquil beauty of Lan Ha, away from the overcrowded water area. Learn some basic paddling techniques, then make your own strokes and private beaches hopping.
Pm: Lunch (BBQ lunch on beach is at tidal permission) and swim at a private beach. More kayaking for more deserted lagoons and exploring quiet floating village. Then goes a perfect time to take in the views in the cool of the afternoon as the last rays of the sun cast reflections over this beautiful area. You would be back on the Phoenix Cruiser at the end of the afternoon. Dinner and overnight on boat.
Day 3: Halong Bay – Cat Ba Island (B, L, D)
Am: Morning breath taking in the serene Heritage Site then breakfast before leaving Halong Phoenix Cruiser for an active day on another site of the bay. A local support boat will take us to a sleepy water area of Cat Ba National Park, where you grab the paddle and make your own strokes to discover parts of Lan Ha Bay. It is your time to go exploring labyrinth of limestone cliffs that rise out of the sea, paddle through floating houses and deserted lagoons and wild sandy beaches from our sleek ocean kayaks.
Pm: Lunch (BBQ lunch on beach is at tidal permission) on boat, relax and swim from your own private beach. More kayaking to other parts of the bay, by now you are pro kayakers, seeing other amazing limestone karts formations from the water up close and personal, in ways many people can only imagine!
When you get tired, leave your kayaks behind to take a transfer boat to Cat Ba Island. We then drive you to Cat Ba Eco Lodge, an ideal jungle lodge that compliments the local culture, perfectly in tune with the surrounding environment.
Day 4: Cat Ba Island – Hai Phong – Hanoi (B, L)
Am: After your breakfast, options arise to:
- Relax and do some reading at the lodge
- Rent a motorbike (at your expense) from the lodge and drive to see the town
- Stick to our original itinerary: be guided to hike Cat Ba National Park (2 hours hiking) after a short bus ride from the lodge. Physical reward and magnificent view!
Pm: We take a hydrofoil boat ride from Cai Vieng Pier to Hai Phong City, and then 2 more hour drive back to Hanoi. Trip ends at your hotel around 17h00.
- Comfortable cruising in Ha Long and Lan Ha Bays
- Kayaking in unspoiled areas
- Hiking Cat Ba National Park
- Fantastic photo and great swimming opportunities
What to bring:
- Original passport
- Insect repellent, camera and sun gears (dry bags provided while kayaking)
- Swimming suits (warm clothes in winter)
- Money for drinks (on boat and at Cat Ba Eco Lodge)
|From 1st Oct to 31st Dec, 2012 & From 1st Jan to 30th April 2013||
From 1st May to 30th Sept, 2013
|Double cabin||Single cabin||
- English speaking guide
- All entrance fees
- 02 nights on boat (Halong Phoenix Cruiser)
- 02 small bottles of water in cabin on boat
- 01 night on Cat Ba Ecolodge (formerly Suoi Goi Resort)
- Kayak and gears
- Hydrofoil boat tickets
- Cooking at the resort
- Meals as specified (03 Breakfasts, 04 Lunches and 03 Dinners)
- Transfer to/from your hotel : US$ 10 / person
- Drinks, personal expenses and other things not clearly mentioned in the included list
- VAT and service charge
- Supplement for A/C Private Transfer Hanoi – Halong – Hanoi: 115USD/ 4seat car, 145USD/ 7 seat car, 155USD/ 16 seat van
- Children under 4 years old will be free of charge (maximum of one)
- Children between 4 and 9 years old:
- Sharing bed with adult will be charged 50% adult price
- Sharing cabin with adult will be charged 70% adult price
- Children over 9 years old pay adult price
- Two children under 9 years old sharing a cabin will be charged 75% full cabin rate
Compulsory diners: Surcharge US$25 per person for compulsory dinner on following periods:
- December 24th, 2012
- December 31st, 2012
- January 22nd, 2013
Notes: This itinerary and price (if stated) is for your reference only. You are advised to tell us about your specific demand and purpose about your trip, then iGrandtour will design the more detail itinerary of your own tour for free, and it will be definitely fit your conditions of time and budget:
- Click Request Info to ask or send us more enquiry about this tour or part of them which interests you.
- Click Book Tour if you like to have a trip as our suggested itinerary, then we will send you the more detailed itinerary and quote.
- Click Customize Tour if you like to make your own tour with your chosen destinations and related conditions, we will design and send you the tour program and budget as you wish.